As featured on
...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT... The Montana Department of Environmental Quality has issued an air quality alert for Beaverhead, Big Horn, Broadwater, Carbon, Carter, Cascade, Chouteau, Custer, Deer Lodge, Fallon, Fergus, Gallatin, Glacier, Golden Valley, Granite, Jefferson, Judith Basin, Lake, Lewis and Clark, Liberty, Madison, Meagher, Missoula, Musselshell, Park, Petroleum, Pondera, Powder River, Powell, Ravalli, Rosebud, Silver Bow, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Teton, Treasure, Toole, Wheatland, and Yellowstone counties in effect until further notice. due to increasing particulate concentrations from local and regional fires This alert will be updated again at 9 AM MDT 7/28/21. An Air Quality Alert means that particulates have been trending upwards and that an exceedence of the 24 hour National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) has occurred or may occur in the near future. As of 9 AM MDT, Particulate levels in Bozeman, Broadus, and Hamilton are Unhealthy. As of 9 AM MDT, Particulate levels in Billings, Birney, Butte, Cut Bank, Dillon, Frenchtown, Great Falls, Helena, Lewistown, Malta, and Seeley Lake are Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. As of 9 AM MDT, Particulate levels in Missoula, Thompson Falls are Moderate. When air quality is Unhealthy... State and local health officials recommend that people with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly, and children should avoid prolonged exertion; everyone else should limit prolonged exertion. When air quality is Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups... State and local health officials recommend that people with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly and children should limit prolonged exertion. When air quality is Moderate... State and local health officials recommend that unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion. For more information visit the Montana Department of Environmental Quality at http://todaysair.mt.gov.
Currently in Butte
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Black bear reportedly enters home in Rattlesnake
- Kate Beckinsale hasn't seen her daughter in years
- Montana Highway Patrol responds to three unrelated fatal crashes Saturday
- Kanye West moves into Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium
- Video shared on Facebook shows disturbing police K9 incident in Lodge Grass
- Crash in Bozeman closed highway, backed up traffic for miles
- Man accused of raping 15-year-old girl
- Man killed in crash outside of Great Falls
- Evacuation warning issued for some Seeley Lake residents lifted
- Man pronounced dead at the scene of HWY 87 crash
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.