CARDWELL, Mont. - Multiple agencies responded to a fire that burned down the LaHood Park Steakhouse according to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

The fire started around 3:50 a.m. Thursday, and Three Forks, Willow Creek and Jefferson Valley Rural Fire Department responded to help the Jefferson Valley Rural Fire Department.

No injuries have been reported, and the people who lived below the restaurant were able to escape safely.

It took crews around nine hours to put the fire completely out.

The state fire marshal was on scene Thursday and at this time the fire is under investigation.

LaHood Park has been around since 1928 and has since witnessed historical events according to the steakhouse's website.

After being established, LaHood Park has been a point to stop for travelers and freighters going between Butte and Madison County.

The small rural town of Cardwell has also taken a hit with the loss of the restaurant.

LaHood Park Steakhouse shared the following message to their Facebook Thursday afternoon:

LaHood was consumed by fire early this morning. Our hearts are so broken. It's such a tragic loss for Phil, our amazing LaHood family and our community.

We will truly miss all of you and appreciate all the continued support over the years.

LaHood was a gathering spot and a magnet for some of the most wonderful people, salt of the earth people you wouldn't find anywhere else and we made new friends every day. We are grateful for the opportunity to meet and get to know so many of you!

It was such a labor of love and will be deeply missed in so many ways.

Thank you all ❤

News For You