On the football field, Gabe Longin has been hitting the right notes for years.
But off the field, Gabe has been focused on hitting a different kind of note.
"At first I didn't wanna do it, all my friends were in it. Freshmen year everyone takes it, and my sisters have always been in it. It's just been really fun and it's given me something to do besides football and academics." Says Longin.
A running back for Great Falls High, Longin has been an excellent contributor for Mark Samson's team both on the field and off of the field.
"Well he's not really a rah rah kid, but you can see he has the emotion, don't get me wrong. You can see the emotion in his game and stuff. But he's not really outspoken a lot." Samson says.
It's a similar story in the choral area as well. As choir teacher Jordan Spicher attests, Gabe makes her job a little bit easier.
"It's super important to have leadership in each section, and he's especially skilled at being a good example. But not necessarily assigned leadership roles, but he's always respectful, he's got great attendance, he's attentive." Spicher says about Longin.
Whether it's on the football field, in the choir room, or just in the classroom, it's clear that Gabe Longin is hitting all the right notes.
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE MONTANA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. GREAT FALLS POLICE DEPARTMENT HAS ISSUED A MISSING ENDANGERED PERSON ALERT FOR SALLY DEMARAIS-SMITH. SMITH WAS LAST SEEN FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH IN GREAT FALLS, MONTANA. SMITH MAY HAVE TRAVELED TO THE MALTA AREA, AND IS LIKELY DRIVING A 2005 GOLD TOYOTA COROLLA BEARING MONTANA LICENSE PLATE NUMBER 2-31335B. SMITH IS A 53 YEAR OLD WHITE FEMALE, WITH BROWN HAIR AND BROWN EYES. SHE IS 5 FEET 7 INCHES TALL, AND WEIGHS APPROXIMATELY 140 POUNDS. IT IS NOT KNOWN WHAT SMITH WAS WEARING WHEN SHE WAS LAST SEEN. ANYONE WITH INFORMATION REGARDING SALLY SMITH'S WHEREABOUTS, PLEASE CALL 9 1 1, OR GREAT FALLS POLICE DEPARTMENT DETECTIVE TAYLOR AT (406) 564-8718. GO TO MT.GOV OR THE GFPD FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND A PHOTO.
Currently in Great Falls
82°F / 47°F
- Man charged with attempted sexual assault of a 10-yr-old in Great Falls
- Victims reporting their Social Security number was used in fraudulent unemployment claims
- COVID-19 cases in Montana schools more than doubled since last week
- Gallatin County median price of single-family homes increases by $86,900 from July to August
- Montana reports 333 new COVID-19 cases, highest single-day count
- Several COVID-19 cases reported among staff, students in Conrad Public Schools
- Montana reports 346 new COVID-19 cases
- FWP releases new hunting rule to prevent the spread of CWD
- Montana reports 323 new COVID-19 cases
- Montana reports 200 new COVID-19 cases
You don't have any notifications.
Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.