GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A commercial semi-truck caught fire in the parking lot of Pasta Montana Wednesday afternoon.
A Pasta Montana employee says it all started around 2:00 pm when they noticed smoke coming from the loading dock.
Black smoke was seen coming from what appeared to be the engine of the semi as firefighters worked to put out the flames.
Nobody was harmed, but there appears to be significant damage to the front of the truck.
Assistant fire chief, Bob Shupe says, this was just one of the many calls Great Falls Fire Rescue responded to today.
"It just seems like with the extreme heat everything is overheating. People, equipment, all of those things, people just need to be vigilant, be smart and just think safely,” Shupe said.
Shupe recommends people be mindful of the level 2 fire restrictions which are set in place and practice caution when handling anything with a flame.