...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON MDT TODAY THROUGH LATE
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be
* WHERE...North central Montana and portions of central Montana.
* WHEN...From Noon MDT today through late Friday night.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Area creeks
and streams are running high and could flood with more heavy rain.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- A weather system moving into the area from the southeast will
bring moderate to heavy rainfall to the region, with a
widespread half inch to 1.50 inches expected to fall today
through late Friday night. Embedded thunderstorms could also
produce localized rainfall rates in excess of 1 inch per
hour. With soils across much of the area already nearly
saturated, these rainfall rates could lead to localized flash
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.