SAND COULEE, Mont.- UPDATE (5:15 PM)

According to Sand Coulee Fire Chief Levi McCale, it was an accidental fire that started in the bathroom.

It was the faulty wiring and ventilation which caused the house to go up in flames.

Responders received a call between 12:30 and 1 AM, and by 10 AM responders were still battling a small portion of the fire.

According to McCale, one family was inside the house during the time of the fire. 2 adults and 1 child.

Everyone was able to make it out of the house safe with no injuries.

The family does own another property where they can stay for the time being.


- A two-story home caught fire on Johnson Road in Sand Coulee Thursday morning.

Multiple fire trucks are at the location of the fire.

We will bring you more information as it becomes available.

News For You