...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON MDT TODAY THROUGH THIS
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be
* WHERE...Southwest Montana and portions of central Montana.
* WHEN...From Noon MDT today through this evening.
* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas. Area creeks
and streams are running high and could flood with more heavy rain.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- A weather system moving into the area from the southeast will
bring moderate to heavy rainfall to the region, with a
widespread half inch to one inch expected to fall mainly this
afternoon into this evening. Embedded thunderstorms could
also cause localized rainfall rates in excess of 1 inch per
hour. With runoff down steep terrain, along with somewhat
saturated soils, these rainfall rates could lead to localized
flash flooding and debris flow.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.