Opening Ceremonies Held at Field Of Honor

A parole review board denied convicted killer Larry Moore's request to be set free. The 68-year-old was the first in the state to be convicted of murder without a having a body in evidence.

"I have all the ducks in a row that I need to be a real productive citizen and I just want that chance," said Larry Moore while pleading for a chance of freedom. The 3-person board of pardons and parole unanimously decided Larry Moore will remain behind bars.

"In 40 years of law enforcement experience I've never known anybody to hold something that close that was that severe," said Pete Lawrenson in rendering the board's decision to not grant Moore parole.

In 1992 Moore was convicted of killing 38-year old Brad Brisbin, a former Gallatin County sheriff deputy. Moore later confessed to killing Brisbin and even led authorities to the body as a bargaining chip to avoid punishment for building and planting a bomb above former warden Mike Mahoney's office. "He is probably one of the more sophisticated, intellectual sociopaths that I've dealt with in my tenure in the corrections system,” said Mahoney.

The board heard emotional testimony from Brisbin's family asking the board to keep Moore locked away.

"What happened could have been yesterday for us. Everything we go through every single day reminds us of our dad," said Brisbin's daughter. "There is only one honorable and correct thing in our eyes, for the board to do. Please don't parole him," pleaded Brisbin's widow.

While Moore's son advocated for his father's release he acknowledged the pain his father caused. “I understand what they're going through because I lost my dad 24 years ago too," said his son.

Moore did express remorse for his crime but in the end it wasn't enough to set him free. "It was a cowardly act. Remorse is a big part of my life," said Moore.

The parole board told Moore he would be eligible for another review hearing in five years. His official sentence ends in January 2023.

News For You