- Spencer Martin
The Track and Field Season for MSU-Billings is coming to an end, with just one meet remaining before the GNAC Championships begin.
For Senior Isaiah Girard, he has his eyes set on his second GNAC High Jump Title.
The 2019 GNAC High Jump champion has done some soul searching over the past year.
The school record holder for the high jump was sidelined for an extended period of time in May 2020 due to ankle surgery. While spending the summer in a boot, Girard said he didn't allow doubt to overcome him ahead of his final track season.
"Just going out every day, getting treatment, doing my PT and not making excuses. Really just seeing it more as a speed bump than seeing it as my career was over. Having that drive to come back and not make that excuse and be as good as I was before because I knew I was capable of it mentally, just had to get my body back to where it was, and it feels so great to get my body back to where it was," said Girard.
While the big picture is a second GNAC High Jump championship, Girard said breaking his own school record would be something that stays with him for a long time.
Girard said, "The way I approach my competitions, I take it height by height. I don't really go in with the set mindset of 'I'm going to break the record today,' but if the opportunity presents itself, I sure hope I can break it one more time. That would be a great way to go out for sure."
The GNAC Championships being on May 14 at Monmouth University in Oregon.
- Bob Goff comments on vehicle found in river linked to his missing wife
- Famous Southwest Montana ‘A River Runs Through It’ ranch sale pending
- Search for Tammy Goff appears to be over
- Montana FWP says no wrongdoing in bear drone video
- One killed, one taken to the hospital following a crash that lead to a car flipped upside down in a river
- Car recovered from Missouri River, body found inside
- Several people arrested after Lewistown Police Department conducted drug investigations
- Man who sent a threatening message, slashed tires of a victim's truck charged
- Man charged with sexual assault for inappropriately touching an 11-year-old
- Montana Women's Prison escapee apprehended
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.