MISSOULA, Mont. -- The Paddleheads are within one win of a championship after defeating the Boise Hawks 8-2 on Monday night at Ogren Park.
Missoula would jump out to a 2-0 lead thanks to an AJ Wright RBI single in the third and solo home run from Jayson Newman in the fourth.
Boise would strike back to tie the game in the 6th, as Jason Dicochea would slap an RBI double into left field, and Alejandro Rivero followed up with a seeing eye single of his own down the third base line.
Missoula would take the lead for good in the 7th off a two-run home run by Cam Thompson, and add four insurance runs in the 8th courtesy of two bases-loaded walks and a two-RBI single from Thompson.
The Paddleheads will travel to Boise on Tuesday, and can clinch their fifth league title in franchise history, and first since 2015, on Wednesday. If the Hawks win Game 2, the series will go to a winner-take-all Game 3 in Boise on Thursday.
- Bystander of Kalispell shooting released from hospital
- Missoula Sentinel High School placed on probation by MHSA until end of the school year
- DPPHS issues emergency rule in Montana
- Man out on bond facing attempted deliberate homicide charges after stabbing in Great Falls
- Family fears accidental overdose after 12-year-old found dead in his Spokane Valley bedroom
- Haystack fire: pre-evacuation notice
- FBI: Remains found in WY match description of Gabby Petito
- Queen's John Deacon is 'fragile'
- Hot sticks: Authorities seeking help with locating stolen dynamite
- Some Missoula employees are being asked to work after testing positive for COVID-19
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.